Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Auction

I was surfing the local auction website to see what is up for sale Friday evening.  First thing I noticed was this neat little table designed to hold a Singer 99 in the beehive case without removing the head from the base.  I have been collecting old sewing machine for over 40 years and have never seen a table like this.


  I see a kneebar on the machine and a knee control under the table, I have no idea how the machine is controlled when it is mounted in the table.

  Next, I saw these two machines


  and this cabinet


  I'm beyond black straight stitchers and don't have space for treadles but with all those vintage sewing machines, this must be the estate of someone who sewed for many years and there might be some other vintage sewing paraphernalia worth bidding on.  I just might have to go and scope it out.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OldSewingMachines
http://www.etsy.com/shop.OldeTowneStitchery




4 comments:

Jonathan said...

I like the table the Singer 99 is in! I've never seen one like that.

melissa said...

Amazing finds! I would be unable to resist, but especially the oval cabinet. By the way do you repair machines for pay? I have to ask because I have a featherweight needs fixing. Please message me via Facebook or Google+.

Anonymous said...

Those are some beautiful machines!!

Unknown said...

Melissa, I would contact you but you have gone to great lengths to remain incognito. I tried searching Facebook and google plus for "Melissa" because that is all I have to go on but got too many results. I am at OldSewingMachines on gmail. -Ed