Sunday, July 02, 2017

The Final Two Weeks in the Old House

We are getting down to brass tacks now, runs to the landfill every couple of days disposing of things I held onto for years in case "I might need that some day".  We have sold everything anyone would buy and given away other items to individuals and thrift shops and now, it's off to the landfill with what's left.  I am going to post a classified ad today for the remainder of my collection


and I am listing lots on eBay because they need to be gone in a week and I can't count on Etsy to accomplish that.

UPDATE:  I got a phone call about an hour after posting the classified ad.  A lady whose Mother collects vintage sewing machines came over and made an offer on the whole lot!  Her Mother's birthday is coming up soon and her daughter wants to surprise her.



I hope the classified ad I placed for my Singer 111W155 is as successful.


  I ran across these black Class 66 bobbins the other day and just listed them along with seven other items.  I will be furiously listing everything I can find in the next week because it all has to be gone by July 13th.




To see everything I have currently listed, click here All of Ed's eBay Listings


7 comments:

Jane M said...

Just stopping by to wish you a happy and easy retirement, Ed, although my vintage machines that you so lovingly serviced will be weeping....but not rusting, I hope. Will you be staying in Maryland. We think of you whenever we pack up our kayaks for a southern MD journey and wish you smooth sailing into the new place. Sew grateful, Jane from luckysewandsew.blogsopot.com

Anonymous said...

Just recently "found" you and have enjoyed reading your posts. Are you continuing your blog?

Unknown said...

Hi Ed, I found a Necchi 513 and can not get the needle positioning lever to move to the right only center and left. The zigzag works fine though. It also has the opening for the buttonhole knob but does not have the knob, would this have anything to do with it. Last question, how would I get the lever to move the feeddogs down. Luckily it's stuck in sewing position not quilting or darning position. Thanks.... Michelle

ceblakeney said...

Very glad to see the 400s and 500s and friends found a home, Ed! I bet her mom was tickled pink. Hope you are enjoying your 'life of leisure' now, or at least life without the daily work grind. I've got your Singer 301 adjuster's and Necchi service manuals on the bench now to get my 301 sewing and my BU Mira and BF put back together (both of the Necchis are pretty rough).

Sewing machines said...

Great post. :)

Eija said...

Hi Ed and greetings from Finland ��
I made a big mistake with my Singer 401. I had a thread-problem and I took the bobbin out. And Then the box where the bobbin was. And Then the big mistake: I took also away the thing..which kept the "box" in it's place and now I can't put it back because there seems to be a string under which it must be placed.
I know I cannot explane this very clearly because I don't know every words in English.
Can you help me? Is it impossible to fix this by myself?

Br
Eija

Sewing fanatic said...

THese sewing machines are incredible